Look away! Look away!
will, fortunately, return in just a couple of months. Netflix launched the new year with a teaser for Season 2, promising this gloom and doom:
“2017 was bad, but 2018 will be so much… worse. Just wait until March 30th.”
So there’s your Season 2 release date. Andwith Neil Patrick Harris’ Count Olaf breaking the fourth wall with a New Year’s message:Season 1 covered the first four books in Lemony Snicket’s (aka Daniel Handler) series. Season 2 adapts books five through nine, including “The Austere Academy,” “The Ersatz Elevator,” “The Vile Village,” “The Hostile Hospital,” and “The Carnivorous Carnival.” The teaser above gives us glimpses from those books, including Violet (Malina Weissman), Klaus (Louis Hynes), and Sunny (Presley Smith) facing the mob rule of “The Vile Village.”
Season 2 is adding several new faces, including these previously announced stars:
• Nathan Fillion will play Jacques Snicket, Lemony’s (Patrick Warburton) brother.
• Lucy Punch will play Esmé Squalor, who may or may not be a potential love interest for NPH’s Count Olaf.
• Tony Hale will portray Jerome Squalor, who is married to Esmé Squalor.
• Sara Rue will start out as a librarian, then “perhaps go on to better things” in a season-long arc.
• Roger Bart will play Vice Principal Nero who “almost makes Olaf seem like a nice guy.”
Here are the first photos from Season 2 (via), showing Lucy Hale as Esmé:
Watch all 10 “Unfortunate” episodes Friday, March 30 on Netflix. And then wait for Season 3, which has already been given a green light.
Want more stuff like this?.